If you want to get a PAN card and still dont know how to apply online here is your guide to it. A PAN or Permanent Account Number is a ten-character alphanumeric identifier which is issued by the Income Tax Department in the form of a laminated PAN card, to any person who applies for it or to whom the department allots the number without an application. PAN Card is important for taxpayers as it is necessary for all financial transactions. It is used to track the inflow and outflow of your money. It is also a valid identity proof.
Getting a PAN card online is easy and it can be done by following these steps. You can also make requests for changes or correction in PAN data or request for reprint of PAN card (for an existing PAN) via the online mode.
The online application can be made either through the portal of NSDL (https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html) or through UTIITSL portal (https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/index.jsp????????).
See here how to apply for PAN Card via UTITSL portal?
- Visit the UTITSL portal (https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/index.jsp????????).
- On reaching the home page, on the bottom of the page you will find a tab Apply for new PAN card (Form49AA). Click on this tab.
- On clicking, Form 49AA will open on your screen.
- Fill the form completely as per the instructions given. The bottom of this form has a Captcha. Put the Captcha details in the space provided and submit.
- Applicant should verify correctness of the information being submitted once the filled-in application form is visible on the screen.
- After verification, applicant can now make online payment by clicking on Make Payment.
- On payment ‘Success’, payment confirmation will be system-endorsed on the filled-in form. Applicant should “Save” OR take a print-out of the filled-in form.
- On the printed form, applicant should affix two (same) photographs of 3.5cms X 2.5cms size and sign at the 3 specified positions on this photo-affixed form.
- With the signed PAN Application form complete as above, applicant should attach copy of the documents being submitted as Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Proof of Date of Birth strictly as per information provided in the filled-in form.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
- Application form should be endorsed with payment confirmation along with the three supporting documentary proofs. This complete set of application should now be submitted to the nearest UTIITSL office address at any one of Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai or New Delhi regions for processing and issuance.