- Paradigm CEO Joelle Emerson said in a tweet Thursday that a recent executive order from the Trump administration banning certain types of diversity training at federal contractors already caused her to lose a a client.
- Emerson said the type of training her startup provides does not violate the executive order, but that this company ended it just to “play it safe.”
- She said that other companies are holding off on diversity training altogether because of confusion over the order.
- Paradigm is especially known for providing training to Silicon Valley startups and big tech firms, which have historically struggled to achieve representation of minorities in their workforces and C-suites.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The CEO of a diversity training consulting firm said Thursday that her company has already lost a client due to President Trump’s recent executive order.
—Joelle Emerson (@joelle_emerson) October 1, 2020
“We just lost our