I’m a 61-year-old carpenter in Iowa who’s been losing customers since February. I’m starting to feel more confident about riding it out.
… Read More
- The Unemployed States of America takes readers deep inside the decimated American workforce.
- Paul Krueger is a 61-year-old carpenter based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Krueger has worked in carpentry all his life and ran his own business specializing in cabinet making and custom woodwork.
- He began losing customers in February as COVID-19 cases picked up throughout the state.
- If work doesn’t pick up soon, Krueger says he may only last through September before he’ll need to shut down his design shop, and is worried about finding a fair-paying job at his age.
- This is his story, as told to Nick Dauk.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I’ve been a carpenter all of my life and left a big company in Georgia to move closer to my family in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.