- North Carolina is a fast growing technology hub which has attracted some of the industry’s biggest players.
- Tech giants, including IBM, Oracle and Microsoft, have been hiring employees from overseas for their operations in North Carolina, which is known for a sizable and dynamic talent pool, anchored in the top-tier universities led by Duke University and University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
- For example, Oracle hired a consulting technical director with a salary of $125,000 to $212,000; Microsoft hired a hardware engineer with a salary of $120,000; Cisco hired a technical marketing engineer with a salary of $116,000 to $169,000.
- Here’s a survey of what IBM, Cisco, Oracle, and Microsoft pay new hires in North Carolina, based on disclosure data for permanent and temporary workers filed with the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification in 2020.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tech has been a major driver of