- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki isn’t committing to an outright ban of QAnon content on the platform.
- Wojcicki was asked about banning QAnon, a baseless far-right conspiracy theory, during an interview with CNN’s Poppy Harlow. She cited the movement’s grassroots nature as a complicating factor in banning it but added that YouTube’s policies are continuing to evolve.
- Wojcicki said YouTube has already removed “hundreds of thousands” of QAnon videos and made changes to its recommendations tool, which she said have resulted in an 80% reduction in views on QAnon videos.
- Earlier this month, Facebook dealt a blow to the QAnon movement by announcing it would ban Pages and Groups, as well as Instagram accounts, that represented QAnon.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Facebook may have banned QAnon content from all of its platforms, but Susan Wojcicki isn’t committing to doing the same on YouTube.
The YouTube CEO on Monday