NAPA, Calif. – Central Valley, a U.S. top-100 building supply company, announced today that it was been honored to be named one of “The Best Places to Work in the North Bay” by the North Bay Business Journal. This marks the second consecutive year that Central Valley has received the award, a significant highlight as the survey was conducted in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are proud that Central Valley has been recognized for its strong and dynamic culture – something we work hard at to achieve,” said Steve Patterson, President and CEO of Central Valley. “Today, it is less about attention-grabbing perks, and more about the day-to-day best practices and the employee experience.”
“During the current pandemic, we have made a concerted effort to ensure that we increased our connection with employees – increasing the cadence of check-ins, communicating with authenticity and transparency; conveying that we are in this together,” said Christine Hunter, Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
“This is truly an honor, especially during these extraordinary times in which our workplaces have been turned upside down,” said Brad Bollinger, the North Bay Business Journa’s publisher.
The North Bay Business Journal anonymously surveyed and extensively evaluated elements of the employees’ experience on the job. These included the extent to which employees trust management, the respect with which people are treated, the fairness of workplace decisions, and how much pride and camaraderie there is among the team. Rankings are based on employees’ feedback and are ranked to identify and recognize outstanding employers.
Central Valley employees can enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
– Competitive 401(k): Eligible employees can plan for the future by joining Central Valley’s 401(k) Savings Plan. The organization matches contributions dollar for dollar, up to 3% of employees’ eligible pay.
– Promotion of a healthy work/life balance: Central Valley provides paid time off, holidays, benefits for time away from work for rest, relaxation, and the flexibility to care for personal and family needs.
– Focus on health and well-being: Central Valley offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs.
– Giving back: All full-time and regular part-time employees can give back to their community with up to eight paid volunteer hours a year to approved organizations aligned with Central Valley’s philanthropic focus on strong families and affordable housing.
– Opportunities to grow professionally: with an attitude to learn the business, there are several entry-level positions which provide the opportunity to move into management.
– Annual employee bonus/commissions: Eligible employees can receive a bonus for their work linked to divisional and business performance. Eligible sales positions receive commissions on sales earned.
For more information or to explore open positions at Central Valley, please visit http://central-valley.com/careers.
About Central Valley
Central Valley Builders Supply (dba Central Valley) is a diversified top-100 U.S. building supply company that proudly serves the builders of Northern California. For three generations, it has been family owned and operated, and its commitment to customer service and satisfaction has never waned. From developers to builders and framers, Central Valley strives to make a difference with its employees, customers and the communities it serves through the values and high standards it employs. The company’s brands include Foster Lumber Yards and Napa Valley International. Central Valley donates 2% of the net profit from every purchase to help build strong families and affordable housing.
Company Name: Central Valley
Contact Person: Garret Ippolito, Chief Marketing Officer
Email: Send Email
Country: United States