Children are spending more time online and in front of screens than ever before. Parents and experts reveal their best tips for managing kids’ tech use.
- COVID-19 has seen an increase in children’s screen time, with many now clocking six hours per day according to one study — up 500% since before the pandemic.
- Business Insider spoke to parents and experts about how to best manage kids’ screen time
- Their advice varied from establishing offline routines to focusing more on what children are doing online rather than how much time they’re spending on devices.
- The most important thing is to make time to do family activities together away from technology.
- Sign up for our new parenting newsletter Insider Parenting here.
When the coronavirus pandemic forced schools and businesses to close in March, Jessica Nelson was tasked with taking care of three children on her own.