STUTTGART, Germany, Oct. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ —
- New Mercedes-Benz strategy for the car business unveiled today at a virtual investor and analyst conference.
- The new strategy will enhance the Mercedes-Benz brand’s luxury status, raise the product portfolio’s positioning and mix, pursue significant growth for sub-brands AMG, Maybach, G and EQ and accelerate the development of electric drive and car software.
- Mercedes-Benz confirms its full commitment to electrification across all products and segments, unveils new dedicated electric architectures, and announces multiple new electric product launches.
- Four all-new electric vehicles on new large EVA architecture set for launch from 2021.
- New electric products coming for AMG, Maybach and G.
- New “Electric first” MMA platform in development for compact and medium sized cars.
- Expanded cost reduction plans unveiled that will drive down capex, R&D and fixed costs in absolute terms and will improve the industrial footprint.
- Financial ambitions sharpened: lowering break-even point,