- A memo written on Monday by Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought directs heads of federal departments and agencies to take “immediate and substantive action” to implement an executive order by President Donald Trump putting an end to diversity and race-related trainings.
- The memo leaked to Insider warns of penalties for officials who don’t abide by the president’s orders to end the trainings, which the White House has described as “divisive.”
- Trump signed an executive order on September 22 that blasted several government diversity training programs as “malign ideology” from the “fringes of American society.”
- The directives come on the heels of protests against racial injustice across the country that have continued for months and prompted a reckoning with the treatment of Black people and other racial minorities.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Federal officials could be penalized if their agencies and departments don’t take “immediate