Six months after the nation began to lock down to slow the spread of coronavirus, Air Education and Training Command is starting to roll back some of the emergency moves it made to keep basic training working.
But, AETC commander Lt. Gen. Brad Webb cautioned in a Sept. 11 interview, the Air Force is still watching the spread of the pandemic, and is ready to put preventative measures back in place if necessary.
“It’s not over,” Webb said. “We’re still doing [some preventive measures] today. But COVID did not bring [airman] production to its knees.”
While large parts of the nation began to shut down earlier this year as the COVID-19 pandemic spread, that wasn’t an option for AETC, Webb said. A shutdown of the AETC pipeline, would deal the Air Force a manpower blow that would take years from which to recover.
“It is amazing to see the charts