- Florida, the third most populous US state, is known mainly for its tourism and agriculture industries. But the Sunshine State has also become increasingly attractive to tech companies looking to expand their operations.
- Tech giants, including IBM, Oracle and ServiceNow, have been hiring employees from overseas for their operations in Florida, where the cost of living is known to be more affordable compared to other major tech hubs in California and New York.
- For example, Cisco hired a technical solutions architect with a salary of $198,000 to $254,000, while IBM hired a senior application developer with a salary of $79,000 to $120,000.
- Here’s a survey of what IBM, Cisco, Oracle, IBM and ServiceNow pay new hires in Florida, based on disclosure data for permanent and temporary workers filed with the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification in 2020.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Florida is famous as a