- The Unemployed States of America takes readers deep inside the decimated American workforce.
- Reuben Harness is a 50-year-old business development director based in Danville, Kentucky.
- At first, his job moved to part-time, and he was then let go after the extra $600 in unemployment benefits expired.
- He was also downsized in 2008.
- This is his story, as told to Nick Dauk.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I was the regional director of business development for ConServe. I worked remotely and half of my time was spent traveling to universities and colleges in my seven-state territory, helping them with their collection accounts for tuition or student loans that were past due.
When the pandemic hit and traveling came to a halt, I was moved to part-time in April to attempt to perform my