- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy hired a consulting firm with ties to President Trump to represent him after the House Oversight Committee launched an investigation into his private business.
- The investigation follows a Washington Post report that the longtime Republican fundraiser may have violated campaign fundraising law.
- Patomak Global Partners was founded by Paul Atkins, a former SEC executive who has advised Trump on financial deregulation and served on his business council.
- A USPS spokesperson said the work performed by DeJoy’s personal firms, Patomak and RLF Communications, does not relate to his duties as Postmaster General or its main PR agency, Weber Shandwick.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
US Postmaster General Louis DeJoy hired a consulting and PR firm with deep ties to the Trump administration as he faces allegations that he violated campaign fundraising laws as a private businessman and Republican fundraiser, Business Insider has learned.